• R.AGE X Urbanscapes 2014 Mural Contest shall commence on 4 Nov 2014 and shall end 16 Nov 2014. (“Contest Period”).
• A complete submission consists of a mural artwork, a short descriptor of the artwork and details of participants including full name, NRIC and contact number. (“Entry“/“Entries”).
• The Contest is open to Malaysians only aged 18-30 (“Participants”). Failure to provide proof will result in the participant(s) having to forfeit the prize.
• Only the following persons are NOT eligible for the competition:
o Permanent and/or temporary staff or employees of Star Publications (Malaysia) Berhad and Urbanscapes 2014 (including its subsidiaries and related companies) and their immediate family members.
• Eligible Participants are allowed to submit more than one (1) entry. To participate, eligible Participants must complete the following steps:
i. Eligible Participants shall produce a mural artwork that should attempt to define, capture or encapsulate what ‘A Moderate Malaysia’ means to them. All entries must be original works.
ii. By submitting a mural artwork to the R.AGE X Urbanscapes 2014 Mural Contest, participants confirm that they are the legal and/or beneficial owner or otherwise have the intellectual property rights to submit such materials; and therefore warrants that they have obtained rights in incorporating copyrighted materials i.e. graphics, images and text in their artwork.
iii. Entries must not have been submitted to any other contests/competitions/festivals before. Participants shall also ensure that the entries do not contain content that are illegal, libelous, offensive, obscene or defamatory.
• By entering the Contest, Participants shall agree to appear in videos, photographs, write-ups (the “Material”) which may be used in advertising (any form of media) or other materials by the Organiser. Participants shall not be entitled to any payment for such use, or for any re-use, of the Material; and acknowledge that all copyright in the Material, including the right to reproduce my likeness or image shall belong to the Organiser absolutely; and to release and discharge the Organiser from any claims in relation to the Organiser’s use of my likeness or image.
• By submitting the entries, the producers and owners of the entries are to grant the Organisers exclusive rights of the copyright to use the entries or material submitted for library, promotional, or commercial use globally.
• Only entries submitted within the Contest Period will be valid. This is subject to the Extension of the Contest Period as decided by the Organiser at its absolute discretion. Entries submitted after the expiry of the Contest Period will be automatically disqualified.
• Entries will be judged based on creativity, adherence to content & format guidelines and clarity of visual elements. Judges’ decision is final, conclusive and binding. No further appeal, enquiry and/or correspondence will be entertained.
Format of the mural artwork submission
Every mural contest entry must be sent to email@example.com and consist of the following:
1. Subject title: A Moderate Malaysia
2. Participant’s full name, NRIC and contact number
3. Introduction write-up – Brief descriptor/rationale of artwork
4. The submitted mural artwork must be a scaled-down version of a mural wall design measured at 8ft x 12ft. The submitted file of the mural artwork must not exceed 1MB, in JPEG format.
5. Participants are encouraged to be as creative as possible and to use whatever tools and techniques necessary to enhance their mural artwork.
• The eligibility to win the Contest is on the condition that Eligible Participants fully comply with the Terms & Conditions of rage.com.my and/or the terms and guidelines stated herein.
• Incomplete entries and/or the failure to fulfill all or any of the Terms and Conditions and/or the terms and guidelines will automatically disqualify the Eligible Participants from the Contest without prior notice.
• There is only one (1) winner for the R.AGE X Urbanscapes 2014 Mural Contest.
• Winner will be notified via email within one (1) week after the official closing date of the contest or such other date as decided by the Organiser at its absolute discretion. However, the Organiser reserves the right to delay the timing of the announcement of the winners of the Contest.
• The Organisers will announce the winner on R.AGE section of The Star, on website https://rage.com.my and also via email. The Organisers will not notify winners through phone and SMS.
• The Organisers will attempt to reach the winner within 3 days of the announcement of the winners, failing which they will select a new winner from the list of eligible participants.
• The winners are fully responsible for any injuries, damages or claims as a result of or arising from their participation in the Contest, usage of their prize and/or collection of their prize.
• The Organiser accepts no responsibility for lost, misdirected, illegible, late, corrupted or altered entries. Entries that do not comply with these Terms and Conditions will be disqualified without prior notice.
Prizes & requirements for winners
• The top five prize winners will receive two (2) entry passes to Urbanscapes 2014. The Organiser is entitled to replace the prize with other prize of similar value at any time without any prior notice.
• The grand prize winner is required to replicate his/her winning mural artwork on to a mural measured at 8ft x 12ft.
• The grand prize winner is required to utilize the mural structure provided by the organiser of Urbanscapes 2014. Winner may start working on his/her mural at the festival venue from 4 December 2014 onwards.
• The grand prize winner is required to bring in his/her own materials to create the artwork on site (i.e. paint, paint brushes, aerosols, etc).
• The entry passes must be collected no later than 1 December 2014 (after the winner announcement) between 9.00 am to 5.30 pm at the following address:
Star Publications (M) Berhad
Menara Star, 15, Jalan 16/11, 46350 Petaling Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan
• Travelling, lodging or any other costs related to the collection of the prize will be fully borne by the grand prize winner.
• The Organiser reserves the right to change the prize collection venue at its sole discretion without prior notification.
• Failure to collect the prizes within the stipulated time period will result in forfeiture of the prizes and the winners will have no claim whatsoever against the Organiser, sponsors, its agents and employees in the event of forfeiture thereof.
• The prizes cannot be exchanged or sold for cash and are non-transferable to any other person.
• The Organiser is entitled and the winners irrevocably and unconditionally permit the Organiser to use, publish or feature the winner(s) and friends for publicity and advertising purposes in any publications, websites and/or any promotional materials.
• The Organiser reserves its sole right and discretion to edit, delete, remove, not consider or reject any content and/or entry that the Organiser determines to be unoriginal, improper or offensive in whatever nature.
• The Organiser reserves the right to cancel, terminate or suspend the Contest without any prior notice. For the avoidance of doubt, any cancellation, termination or suspension by the Organiser of the Contest shall not entitle the Eligible Participants to any claim or compensation against the Organiser, sponsors, its agents and employees for any and all losses or damages suffered or incurred by the Eligible Participants as a direct or an indirect result of the act of cancellation, termination or suspension thereof.
• The Organiser shall not be liable for any disruption to the Contest, whether due to technical problems or otherwise, which is beyond its reasonable control. In the event of disruption to the Contest, reasonable efforts shall be used to remedy the disruption and resume the Contest on a fair and equitable basis to the Eligible Participants.
• The Organiser, sponsors, its agents and employees shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential losses) or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with or arising from either participation in this Contest or with an of the prizes offered or forfeited.
• By entering this Contest, it is deemed that the Eligible Participants have read and have agreed to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Any breach of these Terms and Conditions may, result in forfeiture of any of the prizes at the Organiser’s absolute discretion.
• The Organiser reserves the right to vary, delete or add to any of these Terms and Conditions without any prior notice.
• These Terms and Conditions will prevail over any inconsistent terms, conditions, provisions or representations contained in any other promotional materials advertising the Contest.