Urbanscapes is back! And as some of you may know, it is not just a huge concert with a bunch of cool international and local acts. It is, in fact, a multi-arts festival that beautifully combines music and visual arts.
And this year, R.AGE is giving ONE talented young artist the opportunity of a lifetime to get his/her work featured at the festival.
All you have to do is design a scaled-down version of a mural based on the theme, A Moderate Malaysia, and email your design to us! Simple huh? And if you get selected by one of our judges – artists Jojo Yusuf, TRUSK and R.AGE editor Ian Yee – you’ll get your very own space on site at Urbanscapes, where you can set up and showcase your mural.
But that’s not all… The winner will have his/her work featured in R.AGE, plus a chance to help design a special edition of R.AGE!
As for those who didn’t win, fret not because we are giving out some Urbanscapes passes to the top five contestants. That means you’ll get to catch Kimbra, Local Natives, The Lemonheads, OJ Law, Paperplane Pursuit and many others live!
Here are the contest details…
Who is eligible for the contest?
Malaysians aged 18-30
When is the submission date?
Nov 4 – 21
What is the theme?
A Moderate Malaysia
How to submit your work?
All mural contest entries must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and consist of the following:
1. Subject title: A Moderate Malaysia
2. Participant’s full name, NRIC and contact number
3. Introduction write-up – Brief descriptor/rationale of artwork
4. The submitted mural artwork must be a scaled-down version of a mural wall design measured at 8ft x 12ft. The submitted file of the mural artwork must not exceed 1MB, in JPEG format.
5. Participants are encouraged to be as creative as possible and to use whatever tools and techniques necessary to enhance their mural artwork.
Where will your work be displayed?
So, do you think you have what it takes to be THE featured artist at Urbanscapes? Before you submit your entries, here are the terms and conditions.