R.AGE X Urbanscapes 2016 Documentary & Short Film Contest is open from 11 April until 29 April
Ever wanted to screen your stuff in front of a crowd? Now’s your chance. There’s no contest theme – let your imagination go wild.
Two lucky winners will have their film screened in front of the Urbanscapes crowd, as well as win Hotel Takeover tickets worth RM1,000. We’re talking taking over KL Journal hotel, pool parties, BBQ’s and an exclusive DJ set by Rudimental.
A complete submission includes the participant’s short film/mini documentary and their full details, including NRIC, full name and contact number.
How do I participate?
- To participate, you have to submit:
- An original short film/mini documentary no longer than 10 minutes in length
- A title for the short film/ mini documentary as well as a short description
- Videos can be sent as website links (e.g. YouTube or Vimeo links, or website links with embedded videos) or raw files via file transfer services (e.g. WeTransfer or Google Drive).
- All submissions must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, under the subject title “R.AGE Urbanscapes short film/documentary submission”.
- Deadline for submissions is April 29 2016.
Terms and Conditions
- The Contest is open to Malaysians only aged 18-40 (“Participants”). Failure to provide proof will result in the participant(s) having to forfeit the prize.
- Employees and immediate family members of Star Media Group Berhad (formerly known as Star Publications (M) Berhad) (“Star Media Group”) and its group of companies are prohibited from participating.
- The short film/mini documentary must have been filmed and completed within the last four years (2012 – 2016), and be no more than 10 minutes long.
- The short film/mini documentary must have been filmed within Malaysia
- By submitting the entries, the producers and owners of the entries are to grant the Organisers exclusive rights of the copyright to use the entries or material submitted for library, promotional, or commercial use globally. Star Media Group will be allowed to republish the material, either in full or with edits.
- Only entries submitted within the Contest Period will be valid. This is subject to the Extension of the Contest Period as decided by the Organiser at its absolute discretion. Entries submitted after the expiry of the Contest Period will be automatically disqualified.
- Entries will be judged based on creativity, the techniques used, the plot and the visuals. Judges’ decision is final, conclusive and binding. No further appeal, enquiry and/or correspondence will be entertained.
- Star Media Group reserves the right to disqualify submissions if in the sole opinion of Star Media Group that the videos and/or blogspot breaches any laws, bylaws, statutes, the terms and conditions contained herein; is defamatory in nature; are over the time limit; or if the video files submitted are corrupted or cannot be played for whatever reason.
- There will only be two (2) winners of the contest.
- The Organiser, sponsors, its agents and employees shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential losses) or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with or arising from either participation in this Contest or with an of the prizes offered or forfeited.
- By entering this Contest, it is deemed that the Eligible Participants have read and have agreed to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Any breach of these Terms and Conditions may, result in forfeiture of any of the prizes at the Organiser’s absolute discretion.
- The Organiser reserves the right to vary, delete or add to any of these Terms and Conditions without any prior notice.
- These Terms and Conditions will prevail over any inconsistent terms, conditions, provisions or representations contained in any other promotional materials advertising the Contest.
- The Organiser is entitled and the winners irrevocably and unconditionally permit the Organiser to use, publish or feature the winner(s) and friends for publicity and advertising purposes in any publications, websites and/or any promotional materials.
- The Organiser reserves its sole right and discretion to edit, delete, remove, not consider or reject any content and/or entry that the Organiser determines to be unoriginal, improper or offensive in whatever nature.