Banana Fritters to the Rescue
Ever had that feeling of wanting to eat something sweet and maybe a little…. bad? Tehee!
Well it’s alright to treat yourself once in a while.
Malaysia is famous for its deep fried sweets and one of them is the famous pisang goreng. But let’s change it up a lil! Let’s break it down and release some stress with some banana smashing and bashing. Not forgetting to incorporate palm oil for that high boiling point to make sure that no smoky taste will be in our fritters and adding some antioxidants in our food. Good for the skin know?
And here’s the recipe now! Oh so simple and easy with just 6 ingredients.
4-5 medium banana, mashed
½ cup flour
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
½ cup palm oil
- Mash bananas in a bowl
- Add in sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix well until it forms a big yummy batter
- Heat a saucepan or pot with palm oil until oil is hot(test by dropping some batter and make sure it is sizzling)
- Using a spoon drop batter into small round patties about 2 inches wide.
- Cook on one side till brown before turning( this is usually quite fast as the bananas cook fast)
- Remove and place on some napkins to absorb excess oil.
Enjoy it hot and crispy guys!