TERMS & CONDITIONS
Who can participate?
- The R.AGE Food Fight is open to all Malaysians aged 18-35 years.
- No culinary arts or Food & Beverage industry experience needed.
- Employees, family members and students of Le Cordon Bleu Malaysia and Star Media Group Berhad (formerly known as Star Publications (M) Berhad) (“Star Media Group”) and its group of companies is prohibited from participating.
How do I participate?
- To participate, you have to submit:
- An original video (max. 6 minutes) of yourself preparing a dish or beverage which incorporates our compulsory “Malaysian ingredient” — palm oil. At least ONE benefit of palm oil should be mentioned in the video.
- An original blogpost to accompany your video. You can submit it as a Word document, or a link to a published blogpost.
- Videos can be sent as website links (e.g. YouTube or Vimeo links, or website links with embedded videos) or raw files via file transfer services (e.g. WeTransfer or Google Drive).
- All submissions must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, under the subject title “R.AGE Food Fight submission”.
- Deadline for submissions is Sept 27, 2015.
- By submitting for the competition, you are agreeing to give Star Media Group the full rights to use your submitted video and article. Star Media Group will be allowed to republish the material, either in full or with edits.
- Star Media Group reserves the right to disqualify submissions if in the sole opinion of Star Media Group that the videos and/or blogspot breaches any laws, bylaws, statutes, the terms and conditions contained herein; is defamatory in nature; are over the time limit; or if the video files submitted are corrupted or cannot be played for whatever reason.
- The judges’ decisions are final and Star Media Group will not entertain any appeal whatsoever.
What’s next for the finalists?
- Finalists will be required to attend the following series of events:
- A profile video shoot, minimum one day, location to be determined at the sole discretion of Star Media Group. Dates will be from Oct 2-16 2015 (subject to change).
- A half-day photoshoot and interview by a reporter from Star Media Group at a date to be determined by Star Media Group
- A full-day workshop by Le Cordon Bleu located at Sunway University and Chef Wan, on Oct 17th 2015 or any other date to be determined by Star Media Group.
- The grand finale will be held at Le Cordon Bleu located at Sunway University, on Oct 31 2015, or any other date to be determined by Star Media Group.
- Transport and accommodation to and from the events will not be borne by Star Media Group. Finalists who do not show up at the events within the stipulated time will be automatically disqualified.
- Star Media Group will not be responsible for any mishaps or injuries sustained during the grand finale, workshops and filming. You are strongly encourage to purchase your own insurance coverage.
- The finalists hereby grant Star Media Group to use all images, video footage, audio recordings of the finalists throughout all the events mentioned above.
What’s next for the Grand Prize Winner?
- The Grand Prize Winner will sign a contract with Star Media Group to:
- Write a monthly food column in R.AGE (published in The Star) for five months for a sum of RM2,000.00 per month;
- Host and co-produce a monthly online video series on rage.com.my for five months;
- commit to two consecutive days of filming, twice a month (for a total of four days) with the R.AGE production crew;
- deliver his/her monthly food column at least two weeks before the agreed date of publication, whereby the R.AGE editor shall be permitted to requests the column to be revised and reserved full right to edit the final copy to Star Media Group’s editorial standards;
- Agree to be bound by any other terms and conditions to be imposed by Star Media Group.
- The Grand Prize Winner will be paid RM2,000 a month for five months for a total sum of RM10,000.
- In the event the Grand Prize Winner breaches any of the above terms and conditions, Star Media Group shall reserve the absolute right to terminate the contract and any prize monies remained unpaid shall be forthwith forfeited. Star Media Group further reserves its right to claim from the Grand Prize Winner for any other damages due to it by reason of the said termination.
- The intellectual property rights to all content produced by the Grand Prize winner for R.AGE will belong to Star Media Group perpetually and exclusively.
- Star Media Group will not be responsible for any mishaps or injuries sustained during filming.
What about the other finalists?
- Another two winners will be selected in addition to the Grand Prize Winner
- The first runner-up will receive RM3,000.
- The second runner-up will receive RM1,000.
Star Media Group reserves the right to amend any of the terms and conditions contained herewith without reference to you. You are strongly encourage to visit this page to obtain the updated and latest terms and conditions for this contest.